Friday, December 14, 2007

the stars are aligning...

so, good news. (i'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats...)

i got a call the other day and my visa is done! this is great, considering i wasn't even sure if it would be done by my january 3rd departure. i get to go pick it up next week, so, as far is the governments of both countries are concerned, i'm as good as gone. awesome.

also, i went in to speak with the head of the spanish dept to see which courses i could get approved while i'm abroad for credit here, and he told me that ANY class i take there, because they are all taught in spanish, will count towards my major. so basically, i am guaranteed to finish my major while i'm there and i can take any class to do it. so, instead of having to limit myself to 17th century spanish prose (although i'm sure thrilling), i can take courses like modern chilean literature, or language and society, or sociology of communication. this is beyond the intensive spanish course and poverty and development classes which i will already be taking. this is great news.

thanks for sharing mi alegria (my joy)!

hasta pronto.

No comments: