Friday, December 17, 2010

i put the eyes on the way

first off, i thought i would post the video that eventually led me to the video i mentioned in the last post. i've been exploring a lot of similar videos, but i keep coming back to this one. and especially during this time of year, i think it's a good reminder to keep an open mind. to keep wondering with openness.




as anyone reading this knows, i try very specifically to be present and live life as it's happening now. but from time to time, longing still creeps in. and right now, i'm feeling quite a longing for my friends and family in sri lanka. i finally got to talk to my best friend there the other day, after a few weeks of dropped calls, and my little sister, who i haven't talked to in almost 2 months, was there! it was a bit painful to realize how much i've lost my ability to speak tamil, but it was so beautiful to hear her voice. and it led me to do some nostalgic photo-viewing. here's one of me with my best friend, sampath, and one with my little sister, nila.




i then got an email from sampath with a few pictures, and the following text:
i miss you so much.
when will you come sri lanka? I expecting and waiting for you presence.
I put the eyes on the way
Naan santhosam illai ((i am not happy))


i am very happy here, but i miss them. and i miss myself with them.

1 comment:

Megan said...

oo. i just watched the Eagleman clip. i love his comment on the number of people who approach life with certainty. and the need for discussion on the middle/gray areas of the basic god/no-god discussion. he's making a joke about it but it's actually really legit -- possibilianism. i think i'm a fan.