Tuesday, August 31, 2010

another transition

hello, alo, hola, and vanakam.

i am officially back in the states. the journey was long and the transition has been a challenge, but there are a lot of really great things about being back. i've been running a lot, riding my bike, and eating a lot of graham crackers.

i have posted pictures on facebook, which i think most of you can access. if not, please let me know. just for good measure, here is one of my favorite shots of my last minutes in batticaloa, with some of my favorite people in the 3-wheeler that i rode in everyday for over 2 months:



and here are some shots of just some of the lovely people i was able to return to:

everyone in their matching sarongs from batticaloa


some of my new nephews!





and some of my other beautiful sisters:

No comments: