Tuesday, January 5, 2010

things i'm loving.

ok, clearly i didn't do too well at the 31 days in december thing. but, it definitely reminded me to be constantly aware of the beautiful things around me, which is always good.

here are some things i'm currently loving:

--music by passion pit, especially the song "little secrets." i'm unable to hear it without dancing.

--the last couple books i've been reading. i finished "naked" by david sedaris over christmas and loved it. i then read "what is the what" by dave eggars. it was really great as well. it inspired a lot of specific thoughts about not only the world and the ways it (doesn't) work, but what it means to be human as well. i'd love to discuss more with you, if you want. call or email! now i'm reading 'eating animals' by jonathan safran foer. it's really great too. it's definitely re-affirming my decision to be a vegetarian, but i'd love to hear the thoughts after reading it of someone that isn't. anyone read it? i'm not sure which book is next. i have a big stack on my desk.

--the show 'entourage.' i've never really watched it before, but i've been watching a few episodes the last couple days, and it's pretty great. it's no '30 rock' or 'the wire,' but it's good.

--fader magazine. i got a subscription for christmas, and i've been devouring the first couple magazines. they've led me to do the following: watch some really funny videos online, most involving zach gallifinakis, explore and listen to some new artists, work on some new art projects of my own, and watch old 'yo mtv raps' videos on youtube, especially of wu tang clan. any magazine that inspires all that is a pretty good one by me.

--yoga. i've been doing some after working out the last week or so, and it's been really great.



please feel free to comment with something you're currently loving!

peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am loving my Wii fit! I do it everyday. Also reading Lies My Teacher taught me (toldme?) I'm still occasionally eating cow. Googled ODB and discovered he died in 04...okay....so the years got away from me. I realize you were listening to the clan and became nostalgic. oh yeah, and I'm going under knife feb 1.